Onlay is a micro-insert into the tooth decay, characterized by high aesthetics and durability, identical to healthy enamel.
Advantages of ceramic Onlays:
- more durable than fillings;
- great solution if you have a big decay;
- ceramic is translucent and completely mimic tooth color;
- the anatomical shape of the tooth is exactly repeated. To give the tab a perfect shape allows its manufacture outside the mouth;
- resistant to external influences, they do not darken with time, do not change color under the influence of coffee, tobacco, etc.;
- you can save your tooth and avoid the crown;
- Onlay lasts for more than 15 years.
Absolutely in all respects, the ceramic insert surpasses any other restoration, from the most “advanced” filling material. The low-temperature ceramic of which the insert is made has the same elasticity as healthy enamel and is erased during operation simultaneously with natural enamel, which is especially important if a healthy tooth is opposite.
The only thing you need to pay attention to is that you will need 2 visits to the dentist. On the first visit, we will clean up your tooth, take a cast, put a temporary material into your tooth and send the cast to the laboratory. After 2 weeks, your Onlay will be ready and we can install it successfully.
If you still have questions, you can always call our office 954-457-8308!