This is a very good question, because so many people think that once they have veneers installed, then they can stop visiting their dentist. In fact, taking care of veneers is practically the same as taking care of your own natural teeth. You still need to see your dentist, and get your regular cleanings done on time.
Here are a few things that we recommend to all our patients after getting their veneers:
- Replace hard toothbrushes with softer ones
- Use dental floss after every meal, so that food does not get stuck in the gap between the veneer and the gum
- Be careful with coloring food such as blueberries, beets, carrots, and coffee. After consuming them, it is better to immediately brush your teeth to eliminate the risk of staining the veneer. Porcelain veneers are very durable and do not change their color during wear, but it is better to play it safe and still pay attention to this
- Try not to bite hard objects such as nuts, lollipops, ice, etc. It can cause the damage of your veneer and you might chip a piece from it. In this case, you will have to redo the whole tooth
- Avoid smoking
- Visit your dentist every 6 months to make sure that everything is looking great
- Do not forget to see your hygienist to get a professional teeth cleaning
If you will follow all these steps, your veneers will stay beautiful as long as possible and you will never have any problems with them!
If you have any questions, please call our office to get an assistance 954-457-8308.