Your Dental Visit during Pandemic
- Posted on: May 29 2020
Given the current situation in the world, we try to protect ourselves and our patients as much as possible. What is coronavirus – it is a virus that is transmitted by airborne droplets, therefore, to avoid infection, dental offices must carefully sanitize the room and follow the rules for sterilization of instruments.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
How do we ensure the safety of our patients?
- Consumables such as gloves, masks, wipes, protective aprons, etc. after use they are disposed of in accordance with the regulations.
- During the appointment, we change masks and gloves several times.
- All instruments and tips go through several stages of sterilization after each patient.
- All surfaces in the rooms are treated with a disinfectant after each patient.
- We also have a UV Lamp with which help us to sanitize air.
As specialists are saying that UV sanitizing has been used in large health care facilities for years and is “very effective” in killing germs and bacteria. UV light is also particularly useful against coronaviruses, according to Dr. Richard Martinello, an associate professor at Yale School of Medicine and medical director of the Department of Infection Prevention at Yale New Haven Hospital. UV light has been proven effective against SARS and MERS, as well as other kinds of coronaviruses.
We also hope for the responsibility of our patients. Before we schedule an appointment, we can ask you a few questions regarding your health. If you feel unwell please wait until the moment when you are fully recovered. If you have any questions regarding the appointment, please call us 954-457-8308! We look forward to seeing you!
Posted in: Uncategorized