Now is the time to take care of your immunity to avoid becoming infected with a viral infection. We have prepared for you 9 ways how you can increase your immunity:
1. Consume more complete proteins. They are the building block for immunoglobulins – antibodies that act as protective cells.
2. Include vegetable and animal fats in your diet. 80% of the fat should be ingested through cold-pressed vegetable oils containing the maximum amount of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. Another 20% is animal fats in butter and meat.
3. Eat foods with a high concentration of vitamin C. It strengthens the immune system and protects it from viruses and bacteria. It is found in citrus fruits (oranges, grapefruits, lemons), cranberries, kiwi, black currants, rose hips, sea buckthorn, apples, sauerkraut, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower, bell pepper and herbs.
4. Take Vitamin D. Vitamin D can be obtained not only from the sun, but also with natural products. Sources include fish oil, herring, salmon, sardines and tuna. It is also useful to regularly eat egg yolk, milk in any form (from cottage cheese to kefir) and the liver.
5. Include colored vegetables in your diet. We are talking about red, orange, yellow vegetables and greens. They contain beta-carotene – a substance that is called the precursor of vitamin A.
6.Remember the water regime. Water supports metabolism, promotes the absorption of nutrients and the elimination of toxins, is involved in the thermoregulation of the body.
7. Do not forget about healthy sleep. Most adults need 7-8 hours of quality sleep every night.
8. Bring sport to your life. Despite the fact that the gyms are now closed you can do elementary exercises at home. You just need sportswear and a good mood for this.
9. Reduce your sugar intake. Scientists have found that sugar reduces immunity by 17 times, and the more sugar in our blood, the lower the body’s defenses.
Vitamins for raising immunity
In addition to the usual products that are useful for the immune system, there are special vitamins for raising immunity. Vitamins play an extremely important role in ensuring the protective function of the body. For example, if the human body lacks vitamin A, the response to foreign proteins is reduced. Vitamin C is also extremely important for the immune system, as it regulates the rate of production of antibodies, which are necessary to protect the body from infections.
The main vitamins for raising immunity are A, B5, F, C, PP, D. These are the most important vitamins, so it is necessary that the body does not lack them.
We hope this information was helpful, Stay Well!